In our previous blog we discussed ‘Why Spring is the best time to upgrade your heating system?’ and the manifold advantages. Now, we will bring to light the simple solutions to improve energy efficiency and your home comfort as warmer weather arrives.
- Open windows to create cross ventilation, allowing natural air to pass your home and feel the warmth of summer.
- Clear the clogs, gutters and downspouts caused due to ice dams in winter and the pollen that has accumulated over the spring to avoid water damage and heat loss from your home and eventually save significantly.
- Install energy efficient window treatments such as blinds, shades and films to reduce heat gain when temperatures rise, while displaying a new look of your home and cutting energy costs.
- Enjoy the summer sun and cook outside, keeping the heat out of your home by using the outdoor grill instead of the indoor oven and have a grill outside with family for a tastier barbeque and better saving.
- Taking lukewarm showers also would reduce the amount of heat and humidity in the air, adding up to savings.
- Bathroom fans suck out heat and humidity from your home, thereby improving comfort.
- Take advantage of the daylight hours and switch off artificial lights to brighten your home.
- Use LED bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs as they last longer and keep your home cool and you also save money on those hot summer nights.
- Air drying both dishes and clothes is a good idea to kill germs and kill the energy bills.
- Enjoy the sun, get tanned and spend more outdoor times, engaging in physical activity like swimming or having a picnic outside. While you were cooped inside during the cold winters, it’s time now to enjoy the summer.
We believe these simple and inexpensive actions can definitely be a solution to save energy, save money, save the environment and definitely ensure a great summer.